ODI Membership terms and conditions
Please read the terms and conditions below and tick to say you accept them when signing up to become an ODI Member.
a) You agree to comply with these terms and conditions whilst you are a member of the ODI.
a) The following definitions apply to these terms and conditions:
i) End Date means 12 calendar months after the Start Date
ii) Membership Fee:
- Pay what you can ODI Supporters: Your chosen amount (which will include VAT if applicable)
- Individuals: £100 per annum (+ VAT if applicable = £120 per annum), or the discounted price offered at the time you subscribe to become a member, if any
- SMEs: £720 per annum (+ VAT if applicable = £864 per annum), or the discounted price offered at the time you subscribe to become a member, if any
- Corporates: £2,200 per annum (+ VAT if applicable = £2,640 per annum), or the discounted price offered at the time you subscribe to become a member, if any
- Academic and charity: £360 per annum (+VAT if applicable = £432 per annum), or the discounted price offered at the time you subscribe to become a member, if any
3. ODI means the Open Data Institute, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08030289 and whose registered office is 5th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, N1 9AG
4. Start Date means the date the Membership Fee is received by the ODI in full
5. You/Your means (name) of (address)
6. Supporter Badge means a visual digital mark that you can use whilst an active individual Supporter
7. VAT means value added tax chargeable under the Value Added Tax Act 1994
a) Individual ODI Members and ODI Supporters (pay what you can): Your membership is personal to you. You may not transfer your membership to any other person. No one other than you is entitled to any discount or other offer you may be entitled to as a result of your membership to the ODI.
b) Corporate, SME, charity and academic members: Membership applies to all members of staff in your organisation (excluding freelancers and contractors). You may not transfer your membership to any other organisation.
c) Membership Period
i) Your membership to the ODI will begin the date the Membership Fee is received by the ODI in full (the “Start Date”) and, unless terminated in accordance with these terms, will end 12 calendar months thereafter.
d) Membership Fee
i) You will pay the Membership Fee in full by credit or debit card on the date you subscribe to become a member of the ODI.
ii) Following receipt of the Membership Fee, the ODI will send you an invoice to the email address you provided during the registration process.
e) Membership Renewal
i) Prior to the End Date, you will be given the option to renew your membership for a further year. When offering the option to renew, the ODI reserves the right to vary its membership offering, including any fee payable. You are under no obligation to agree to the option to renew.
i) Whilst you are an ODI Supporter (pay what you can), you will be entitled to:
- receive one ODI member newsletter per month (the Monthly Muse)
- receive a 20% discount on the ODI’s training courses and events (as published at https://www.theodi.org/courses);
ii) Whilst you are an ODI Member (individual, SME or corporate), you and your organisation will be entitled to:
- receive two ODI member newsletters per month (the Monthly Muse and The Monthly Mingle)
- receive a 30% discount on the ODI’s training courses and events (as published at https://www.theodi.org/courses);
- invitations to four meet-ups per year
9. Publications and Branding
a) You are allowed to use the ODI’s Supporter Badge in accordance with paragraph 7.1.3, above. Any further publications or communications regarding the ODI, its business, your membership or membership generally must be agreed in writing in advance by the ODI.
b) The members’ newsletters and other communications may be written by the ODI and/or others. You must not rely on such communications as any form of professional advice. The ODI (or third party author) will own the intellectual property arising from such communications and you should check the associated licence on the communication before re-using it.
10. Personal Data
11. Right to Cancel Membership
a) You have the right to cancel your membership within 14 days of the Start Date as per the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. If you cancel within this timeframe, the ODI will refund you the Membership Fee in full.
b) In order to cancel your membership the ODI must receive your completed cancellation form by post or by email email@example.com within 14 days of the Start Date. You can access the cancellation form here: http://bit.ly/ODIcancellation.
c) You will lose your right to cancel your membership if, within the 14 day time frame, you book onto one of the ODI’s courses having taken advantage of the 20% discount.
12. Termination of Membership
a) The ODI may terminate your membership immediately on written notice if you:
i) breach any of these terms and conditions;
- bring the ODI into disrepute, damage its brand and/or its reputation.
ii) If the ODI terminates your membership in accordance with paragraph 11.1, it will not be liable to refund any proportionate part of the Membership Fee paid by you.
iii) If the ODI has to terminate your membership for any other reason, it will notify you in writing and refund any proportionate amount of the Membership Fee.
13. End of Membership
a) Following the end of your membership you shall cease using the ODI’s Supporter Badge and ensure that no third party is misled as to any on-going relationship with the ODI.
14. Contact Details
a) If you wish to contact the ODI, you may do so by using the following address: 5th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, N1 9AG. You may also email the ODI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) If the ODI needs to contact you, it shall do so using the contact details you provided when you registered as a member. If your contact details change, please notify the ODI using the above contact details.
a) Any feedback you may have should be directed to the ODI using the contact details set out in paragraph 13a.
a) These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction.
You have the right to cancel within the first 14 days of your membership.